Chicken Waldorf Salad
Chicken Waldorf Salad - with lemon and honey goat yogurt dressing
by Leanne Vogel, Holistic Nutritionist and Wellness Expert, Healthful Pursuit
Gluten-free, Sugar-free, Yeast-free, Corn-free, Grain-free
Apple chunks, juicy raisins, and organic roasted chicken make up this delicious salad, all tossed in a lemon and honey goat yogurt sauce.
Yield: 4 cups
- 2 – 4oz. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup walnut halves, toasted
- 1 large crisp apple, cored and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 sticks of celery (with leaves), sliced into 1/2-inch-thick pieces (leaves chopped)
- 2 tbsp golden raisins
Lemon pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup plain goat yogurt
- 2 tbsp minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tsp honey
- zest from 1/2 lemon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 6 romaine leaves, cleaned
Preheat the oven to 350F.
Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicon baking mat. Place chicken breasts on prepared sheet, dust with salt and pepper, and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 180F. Once complete, set aside to cool.
Spread the nuts on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 6-8 minutes. Set aside.
Whisk all sauce ingredients together in a large bowl.
Add salad ingredients – walnuts, apple, celery, and raisins. Toss to combine.
Serve over top of a bed of romaine leaves.
To enjoy, rip pieces of romaine off from bowl and fill with chicken salad for mini salad wraps with each bite!