Zucchini Rolls with Garlic and Parsley Soft Okanagan Goat Cheese
by Leanne Vogel, Holistic Nutritionist and Wellness Expert, Healthful Pursuit
Gluten-free, Sugar-free, Yeast-free, Corn-free, Grain-free
Raisins, toasted pine nuts and lemon mixed with garlic goat cheese wrapped around grilled zucchini.
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced lengthwise at ¼-inch thickness
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- ¼ cup sultana raisins
- 150 grams Happy Days Garlic and Parsley Soft Okanagan Goat Cheese
- 3 tablespoons raw pine nuts, toasted
- Juice from half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
1. Slice zucchini lengthwise and lay flat on a baking sheet.
2. Coat with olive oil, spreading the oil on all of the zucchini slices with your fingers.
3. Sprinkle with sea salt and place in the oven set to high broil. Broil for 10 minutes, or until zucchini is slightly charred. Remove and allow to cool.
4. Place pine nuts in a small pan and set in the heated oven with the broil set to low and toast for 5 minutes, until lightly brown. Remove and allow to cool.
5. Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
6. Once zucchini has cooled, place 1 strip on a clean plate. Then, place a tablespoon or so of the goat cheese mixture at the larger end of the zucchini. Roll up as you would a California roll.
7. Lay on a second plate either on it’s side or standing up.
8. Repeat with remaining zucchini strips.